There are a number of filesystems mounted by Pawsey supercomputers:
- /scratch is a large, high-performance filesystem intended for short term use by jobs actively running on the system.
- /group is a mid-tier filesystem intended for actively used files needed for the length of a project.
- /home is a smaller filesystem that should only be used for configuration files that are expected by software to be located there.
- /pawsey is a read-only filesystem where system-wide modules are located.
- /astro is a filesystem that supports the operation of the ASKAP and MWA radio telescopes, refer to The Astronomy Filesystem for more information.
The $PAWSEY_PROJECT environment variable is used for your Pawsey project, if you have access to multiple projects replace it with the relevant project code, set the desired value through the file
To avoid the need to copy files between systems, the same filesystems are visible on all of the Pawsey supercomputers.