- The systems provided by the Pawsey facilities and the communications infrastructure are to be used in an efficient and economical manner.
- Pawsey and the Pawsey Facilities take no liability for any loss as a result of use of the Pawsey Facilities and the communications infrastructure.
- Researchers are bound by various state and federal legislation that, amongst other things, bans Discrimination, Harassment, Vilification, Bullying and Defamation and movement or retention of Illicit material.
- Researchers are bound by the Australian Copyright Act and must not use Pawsey infrastructure to break any of these laws, knowingly or accidentally. More detail is available at , particularly the section “Websites, Internet, Software & Apps”.
- Researchers when using Pawsey Facilities and communication infrastructure are bound to comply with US Export Administration Regulations (EAR). EAR regulations detail certain countries of origin that have been sanctioned. For this reason all researchers using Pawsey services will be asked to provide details of their nationality. A copy of EAR is available here: http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/country-guidance/sanctioned-destinations
- All researchers using Pawsey Facilities and communication infrastructure must have their own individual account. Sharing of identity, sharing of passwords for a specific identity and group (or project) identities are all strictly prohibited.
- Researchers must provide an institutional email address (this should be the researchers main employer) to Pawsey as a first point of contact. If a researcher fails to respond to an institutional email address, Pawsey will temporarily suspend any account, until an institutional email can be validated.
- Pawsey has mailing lists associated with some of its infrastructure, as well as a general "friends" mailing list. It is compulsory to receive these notifications while having an active Pawsey account.
- Pawsey reserves the right to disable any account or suspend access to any resource at any time.
- These Conditions of Use and associate policies may change over time and the most recent version supercedes all others.
- All publications resulting from the use of Pawsey Supercomputing Centre facilities and communications infrastructure must acknowledge the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre. Addition of the following text to the paper acknowledgments will be sufficient: